QSO UK
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team

greetings

View previous topic View next topic Go down

greetings

Hi There
I am returning to cb/11 meters after many years (20+) absence, my username is pencreggy and personal name is jim,
at the moment I am qrt as I need to get a replacenent radio (my old nato 200 expired in the late 80's), I do not have a callsign at present but will let you know when I do,can anyone please advise me on a decent radio to get, I would like to get a magnum s9 but will have to save for it so it will have to wait, can't wait to get on the airwaves and make new friends, bye for now, jim

pencreggy

Registration date : 2009-07-03
Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

greetings :: Comments

Post on Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:39 am by 2W0PWR

Hi Jim,

Great to hear another person returning to CB, the freq's are quiet this side in Mold and all we hear now and again are people from Liverpool abusing it!

Well I wish you all the luck with your new set and I am sure there are plenty of people on the forum that can help you choose your new set!

73 de Dave

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:45 am by 26tm777

HI FROM ME 2

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:14 pm by simon007

Welcome to the forum Jim. Nato 2000, i had one of those and indeed loved mine. Hope to hear you on the air sometime

73s Simon

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:41 am by 29ci102tony

Hi Jim welcome to the forum hope to meet you on 11meter,s good dx 73s

Tony 29ci102 Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:07 am by mof000

Hello jim,have you considered a ranger 2950?They are well built and very good radios and a bit cheaper than the s9. My brother owned a magnum s9 and the build quality is not very good and most people will agree. They suffer from loose channel change and dont have a built in swr meter whuch can be an advantage. Good luck with whatever you choose.Also try and steer clear of the cobra 200 as they have a lot of issues too.
Thanks Paul M6PDM 26TM901

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:37 pm by pencreggy

many thanks Paul,I welcome your advice and thank you for it, after (too) many years qrt I am out of touch with current radios and have a lot to learn, it is easy to get mislead by adverts and only "hands on experience" tell the real story, many thanks again. Jim

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:53 am by oz1dwx /47EU149

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum