QSO UK
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team

hey guy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

hey guy

hi guys alistair here!

Have any of u got any tips on antennas or antenna mountings because my antenna is in a corner of my room with a small ground plane but it only improves in a small amount, so i thorght ill ask u guys because of your experience with radios i was thinking of buying a homebase antenna from maplin but i dont know which on to buy.

got any ideas??????

best 73s Alistair.

bassguitarboy

Registration date : 2009-10-19
Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

hey guy :: Comments

Post on Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:12 am by 2W0PWR

How much space have you got at ur's Alister? Do you think you will be able to put up something 17ft long on the house?

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:02 pm by bassguitarboy

well my dad says that i could put a 4ft up in the garden on some old piece of metal in the ground

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:42 am by firetrap

If you are strictly limited to 4ft then the only small homebase antennas are the "Excaliber" the "Bazooka" and the "Superlance" these are all 3ft (1m) base antennas, be aware though that they wont perform as well as a bigger one but WILL improve your setup compared to an indoor antenna.

If you choose one of these small base antennas make sure you get it as high as possible, alternatively, buy a "Tank Whip" antenna which is very thin and is 9ft long and mount that on an old car wheel in the garden. The are hardly noticeable really.

If none of these are suitable then get a DV27 antenna in your loft on a biccy tin, they usually work well! Also a linear amplifier would be a good idea to help get out a bit further but bare in mind that they are not legal to use on CB radio.

All the antennas mentioned above should cost no more than 15 to 20 each brandnew!

Let us know how you get on! Good luck!

Cheers,
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:51 pm by bassguitarboy

cheers lee ive told my dad and we are curently looking on the internet for a good price range ones, we are manly looking at the bazooka antenna

thanks for the tip

alistair.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:06 pm by 26tm777

hi from me

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum