QSO UK
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team

Rent-A-QTH ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rent-A-QTH ?

Post by g0sop on Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:32 pm

I've seen a few of these around being advertised on various forums, I'm liking the one out in Curacao ( Signal Point ), trying to sell it as a 2010 holiday destination for me and the wife Smile

But let me ask this question, would you rent such a property if it was available in Europe, ie Canary Islands ?

g0sop

Call Sign : G0SOP
HF Rig : Colt 295a
HF Antenna : DV27 on biscuit tin in bedroom
Registration date : 2009-03-22
Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Re: Rent-A-QTH ?

Post by daxi on Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:24 am

A group of us use to go up to a cottage with no electricity on Scotlands west coast many years ago for some serious SW/MW listening.
Also is not renting (borrowing,) a location what SOTA is about?
I have also spent the past few years operating from a Windmill in a location about one mile from the nearest road & at least half a mile from the nearest power cable, as well as from a East Coast beach top car park where I pay to park & spend the day working into PA & beyond on 80 meters using a miximum of 1 watt & a kite lifted kite.
(edited to add, we can work PA on a VHF handheld during lifts thanks to our local repeater, so the above is about the location, not what I can work.)
So yes I have done it.
I also know of people who have borrowed the shack on the QE2 & who normally choose thier holiday location by radio option.

daxi
Admin
Admin

Call Sign : M0LSX
Special Event Calls : Various.
Registration date : 2007-10-30
Number of posts : 764

http://www.qrz.com/M0LSX

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum