QSO UK
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team

DANITA 3000UK CB RADIO.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DANITA 3000UK CB RADIO.

HI EVERY ONE I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM, I WOUNDER IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME. I HAVE GOT A DANITA 3000UK CB RADIO .PROBLEM IS WHEN I TRY TO TRANSMIT, SOMETIMES THERE IS NO SIGNAL ON DIAL TO SAY I AM TRANSMITING IT IS VERY TEMPRAMENTAL. I HAVE TRIED FOUR DIFIRENT MICEROPHONES, STILL HAVE SAME TROUBLE. I CAN RECIVE PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP. THANKS ....... gerald-call sighn..night hawk.

NIGHT OWL

HF Rig : DX-394
HF Antenna : LONG WIRE
VHF / UHF Rig : UNIDEN UBC9000XLT AND UNIDEN UBC35000XLT SCANNERS
VHF / UHF Antenna : DISCONE
Preferred Bands : MARINE / AMETURE / AIR /
Registration date : 2010-01-09
Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

DANITA 3000UK CB RADIO. :: Comments

Post on Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:23 pm by daxi

Have you checked the Coax & any patch leads for continuity? We had a similar problem at a special event station & it turned out to be poor soldering on a patch lead.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:28 pm by NIGHT OWL

THANKS VERY MUTCH FOR REPLY. YES I HAVE CHECKED COAX.AND EVERY THING I CAN THINCK OF. COULD IT BE THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH ARIEL CONECTION INSIDE CB . IDO NOT WANT TO START PRODING IN SIDE UNLES SOMEONE.LIKE YOUR SELF ,CAN TELL ME WHAT TO DO, OR WHAT TO LOOK FOR. THANKS. ANY THING WOULD BE HELPFULL. gerald

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:44 pm by 2W0PWR

Hi Gerald,

Welcome to the forum, great to see you here. Could it be the Final Transistor on it's way out? I don't know a great deal but this would stop the radio from Transmitting.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:18 am by daxi

If you have checked continuity of all the coax in use & they all check out as good, then the next step is to check it into a dummy load, using a checked patch lead.
As what you are describing sounds very much like a antenna end problem.
Have you checked all the antenna end connections for continuity. I spotted a similar situation during a massive tropospheric lift a few years ago, it saved my Tcvr from damage & it only cost me a new mag mount to fix it.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:23 am by sierra foxtrot

Hi Gerald and welcome from oscar 9. Been down familiar road as you many times! Your radio is dying it is deffo in its death throes although its sporadic.Personaly i wouldnt throw repair money at it but thats up to you! sorry to be the harbinger of doom. Good luck and theres plenty of bargains out there to be had.73 Oscar 9 listening out.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:21 pm by daxi

sierra foxtrot wrote:Hi Gerald and welcome from oscar 9. Been down familiar road as you many times! Your radio is dying it is deffo in its death throes although its sporadic.Personaly i wouldnt throw repair money at it but thats up to you! sorry to be the harbinger of doom. Good luck and theres plenty of bargains out there to be had.73 Oscar 9 listening out.

I'm not sure how you can say that as a definite. Continuity between radio & antenna fails far more often than radios do & lack of continuity causes exactly what is being described. So surely logic says check the most probable, easiest to check & repair first & then start jumping to unproven assumptions.
I have had the issues described many times & have not yet had to repair a radio. In fact I have had the problems described so often on special event stations were you are using kit from a variety of sources & where equipment is being moved around, that I now as a norm check continuity of coax before connection, as it takes a fraction of the time that changing it later does.
Loading the radio into a dummy load will show if it is antenna end or radio end, thats the problem & that's why I suggested it as the next step.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:39 am by NIGHT OWL

daxi wrote:If you have checked continuity of all the coax in use & they all check out as good, then the next step is to check it into a dummy load, using a checked patch lead.
As what you are describing sounds very much like a antenna end problem.
Have you checked all the antenna end connections for continuity. I spotted a similar situation during a massive tropospheric lift a few years ago, it saved my Tcvr from damage & it only cost me a new mag mount to fix it.
THANKS FOR THAT IHAVE CHECKED IT OUT ON A DUMMY LOAD AND THERE IS NOTHING ,AT ALL. I HAVE CHECKED EVERY THING ELSE.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:48 am by NIGHT OWL

2W0PWR wrote:Hi Gerald,

Welcome to the forum, great to see you here. Could it be the Final Transistor on it's way out? I don't know a great deal but this would stop the radio from Transmitting.

Dave
THANKS FOR THAT DAVE. WHERE DO I FIND THE FINAL TRANSISTER. AND HOW DO I REPLACE IT. ICAN SOLDER ,SO THAT IS ONE GOOD THING.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:25 pm by simon007

Or are you transmitting in a band like PO, rU and it has been not enabled?? This is the exact fault that you have with this also..

WELCOME HERE, Happy 2010

Simon

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:50 pm by daxi

If you have checked it into a dummy load & it also has the fault into the dummy load. Either it's as Simon says, or you have a problem within the TX. So what you need now is a circuit diagram & then you can start checking backwards up the circuit.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:04 am by 2W0PWR

Like Daxi said, u'll need a Circuit Diagram of the radio. I think there is normally one within the instruction manual if you have it to hand. If not maybe a search in Google will bring one up. I'd check all the joint's make sure you don't have a loose connection or a dry joint.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:42 am by NIGHT OWL

THANKS VERY MUTCH FOR THE INFO I WILL LOOK ON GOOGLE FOR CIRCUIT DIAGRAM. WILL GET BACK TO YOU TO LET YOU KNOW HOW I GET ON .THANKS AGAIN.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:54 pm by simon007

The radio is the first series Alan 78 if that helps with the diagram, its not the revision II or the Blue edition but the first one

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:47 am by NIGHT OWL

ihave looked on google for alan78, and danita 3000uk diagram. no joy .

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:18 pm by simon007

www.hobbyradio.de

Then tick the arrow

left hand side menu is CB RADIO

Scroll down and there is the Alan 78

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum