QSO UK
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team

most emergency services gone to TETRA

View previous topic View next topic Go down

most emergency services gone to TETRA

Post by NIGHT OWL on Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:28 am

been searching around for ambulance coms. cannot get them any more i think they have now gone over toTETRA in my area RHONDDA VALLEY S. WALES, i can pick up FIRE COMS supose they will be next to switch over . is there any thing interesting to listen to out there. i am interested in marine as well but cant pick them up , part of the problem is i am sourounded by mountains. i have got an antena outside my home . nothing much on PMR either. AMETURE gone quiet aswell on 2MTR any sugestions, other than selling scanner. .......... Question Very Happy

NIGHT OWL

HF Rig : DX-394
HF Antenna : LONG WIRE
VHF / UHF Rig : UNIDEN UBC9000XLT AND UNIDEN UBC35000XLT SCANNERS
VHF / UHF Antenna : DISCONE
Preferred Bands : MARINE / AMETURE / AIR /
Registration date : 2010-01-09
Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: most emergency services gone to TETRA

Post by daxi on Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:31 am

Listening to air traffic can be interesting as horizons are different up there. I get lots of traffic on 130.100? I thing it is. This is air to air refueling & much of the traffic is in a foreign language, so very long distance.
some Taxi traffic is OK, but most is more boring than watching paint dry.
I have FM channels for the amateur 10, 6, 4, 2 & 70 cm's on the scanner.
I find band scanning is very productive & can produce some interesting loggings.
Don't forget that recovery companies, skip operators, bus companies, Schools & all sorts of individuals have PMR now.
There are a set of cheap to operate PMR channels that only allow mobile or hand portable operating & these channels can be worth listening to.(I'll post this & go & look them up.)

daxi
Admin
Admin

Call Sign : M0LSX
Special Event Calls : Various.
Registration date : 2007-10-30
Number of posts : 764

http://www.qrz.com/M0LSX

Back to top Go down

Post by daxi on Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:43 am

I forgot to say don't forget to program in RAYNET frequencies, these can be off the normal FM part of a band & missed if you do not look them up & program them in.

daxi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHT OWL on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:32 am

thanks a lot daxie, i have just looked up the raynet frequencies ,and programed some into my scanner. i do sometimes listen to air band . i do listen to taxies , on the week end they are more active then. i do have close call on my scanner, whitch is verry good think iwill get out in the town on the week end to see what i can pick up , worth a try have not done that for some time . due to the weather being so bad, THANKS AGAIN ................. gerald

NIGHT OWL

HF Rig : DX-394
HF Antenna : LONG WIRE
VHF / UHF Rig : UNIDEN UBC9000XLT AND UNIDEN UBC35000XLT SCANNERS
VHF / UHF Antenna : DISCONE
Preferred Bands : MARINE / AMETURE / AIR /
Registration date : 2010-01-09
Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by daxi on Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:39 pm

Most of the large schools here in Norwich have PMR. I live within half a mile of the the City's ring road & the driving test centre is very close so I have the PMR 446 frequencies of most of the local motor cycle instructors, The shunters for Anglian Windows use PMR, Norwich Prison has radio, the local secure mental health unit not only has radio, but it also has no protocol that governs it use so I know most of there extension numbers & a lot of the staffs names.
If you are around on a week day, visit the local commercial areas with close call as many light industrial areas use PMR, also if you have pub watch in your area or doormen who use PMR take your close call out on a Friday or Saturday evening.
But don't forget those band scans, it's surprising what you can pick up doing a band scan at home as it will stop on weak signals.

daxi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content