QSO UK
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team

Hi from Neil...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi from Neil...

Hi folks.

My name is Neil and the callsign is 2E0 TDX.

I live in Cheshire and have been active on the amateur bands for about 3 years, so I'm still learning!

I'm not very active on H.F. due to the planning Demi Gods making me take most of the antennas down....but play on V.H.F. from home and the odd dabble on lower frequencies from the mobile.

I've recently taken up hillwalking and activating summits for Sota, so maybe I'll catch up with some of you from a hill somewhere!
Regards, Neil.
2E0 TDX

Call Sign : 2E0 TDX
Locator : IO83lg
HF Rig : icom 7400.....Kenwood 950 SD
HF Antenna : 132' Doublet.....Hokushin HS8
VHF / UHF Rig : Icom 970.....yaesu 736
VHF / UHF Antenna : Diamond X510
HandHeld : Yaesu FT 530 - Icom E90 - Alinco DJ-G5
Registration date : 2010-07-15
Number of posts : 19

http://www.qrz.com/db/2E0TDX

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Hi from Neil... :: Comments

Post on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:57 pm by daxi

Hi Neil welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about the planning problems, you'll have to slip a discreet wire up.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:15 pm by 2E0 TDX

Hi...I do have a 132' 'doublet' strung across the garden but I have a penchant for an antenna farm!...Cheers for the welcome.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:41 am by 2W0PWR

Hi Neil,

Welcome to the forum, it's great to see another ham on here and I hope you enjoy ur time on the forums.

73 de Dave

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:28 am by 2E0ZMO

hi neil,good to see you on here,thanks for the sota points at the weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:15 pm by 2E0 TDX

Tnx everyone!....Good to hear you on Sota Andrew...Are you a chaser?...or were you a bit bored and having a 'flick' around!

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:57 am by 2E0ZMO

i am a chaser neil.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:09 pm by 2E0 TDX

Nice one Andrew!....Good to see that there are chasers monitoring the frequencies.

Whilst it's great fun walking up the various hills and mountains, if it weren't for the active chasers, then it would be pretty pointless taking radios with us....So we 'Sota' activators do appreciate the time and effort that you guys put into answering our calls!

Are you registered on the Sota website Andrew?....regards, Neil.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:07 am by 2E0ZMO

yes i am neil, i got my 1st cert and i am upto about 220 points.would love to do more but most of my chaser points are done mobile when i am at work so only 1 weekend in 4.would also love to do some hill walking but my weekends are for the family .maybe one day.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:34 am by porky.69

welcome neil and enjoy

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:50 pm by 2E0 TDX

2E0ZMO wrote:yes i am neil, i got my 1st cert and i am upto about 220 points.would love to do more but most of my chaser points are done mobile when i am at work so only 1 weekend in 4.would also love to do some hill walking but my weekends are for the family .maybe one day.

You're doing pretty well Andrew, considering you can only work the summit activators whilst in the car.

I can understand the need to put family and work first, and rightly so, perhaps when you get old like me, you'll be able to find the time for activations!

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum