QSO UK
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team

2E0IDR

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2E0IDR

Hi, Just to introduce myself- may name is Ian and the QTH is Crabbs Cross in Redditch.
I have been a short wave listener for 40+ years and in May passed the Foundation and passed the Intermediate in July.
I have been interested in radio and electronics from the age of 11, having been introduced to radio by my Grandfather who worked at the GEC in Coventry.
Have constructed lots of valve projects-receivers, oscilloscopes etc from Practical Wireless articles.
I still construct and really enjoy restoring valve radios, both domestic and communication receivers- I have a modest collection of valve and early transistor radios.
I am starting the Advanced licence on Saturday 4th Sept and hope to me a M0... by Christmas.
I enjoy having contacts on 2m and 70cms and am just looking at hf where at present i am using a vertical antenna but find the results rather poor.

anode

Registration date : 2010-08-31
Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

2E0IDR :: Comments

Post on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:15 pm by daxi

Hi, Anode, my call is M0LSX & like you I spent many years as a SWL.
I also use a vertical antenna on HF, a diamond CP-6 which I brought because of limited space, I now also use a end fed wire, but the CP-6 has & still does give good service.
I still do lots of listening & recently set up for MW DX'ing again, I am a member of The British DC Club & still spend time listening for the free radio broadcasts which is where I started my path from SWL to Radio Ham back in the 70's.
Edited to add..Good luck with the full exam.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:11 am by 2E0ZMO

welcome to the forums

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:55 am by porky.69

welcome and enjoy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum