QSO UK
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team

Hello

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello

Hi All,

I am an ex. RN radio operator (many years ago) I used to get on the air on CW and am at present a SWL. My equipment is a Yaesu FT-107M and I have recently acquired a pair of Binatone Terrain 550 PMR's.

My current QTH is Mid Glamorgan 20 miles west of Cardiff where I have lived for the past 11 years.

G

Mr Woo

Registration date : 2011-02-11
Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Hello :: Comments

Post on Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:05 am by daxi

Welcome along Mr Woo. I'm licenced, but spend more time SWL'ing than on the amateur bands.
I can highly recommend The British DX Club if you want to keep up to date with whats happening
http://www.bdxc.org.uk/
My very first amateur radio experience was talking to a spark on what I was told was a navel vessel in the Atlantic whilst at School. The military op just gave his position as North Atlantic & his callsign was I was told not conventional. That was 1975.
I have just been brought an Eaton GŁ Globe Traveller as a early Wedding Annerversay present & I have various amateur gear & a old Trio QR666.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:10 am by daxi

Just to add listen out for GB????RN. It based on HMS Belfast & is operated by the Royal Navy Amateur Radio Association (or similar) There is also a group for ex naval radio officers both RN & Merchant I believe.
If you listen on 80 meters you will also hear. GB???Imperial War Museum & soon GB2RAF based at RAF Radar base Neatishead will be back once a month, there are also many other military special event calls worth getting.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:34 am by porky.69

welcome mr woo Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:18 pm by SAEGRAN NAIDOO

hello there - i am in south africa - call sign is ZR5 - KZN. LOVED RADIOS ALL MY LIFE. AM A RETIRED SCHOOL TEACHER. HAM WAS ONLY FOR THE ELITE IN THIS COUNTRY BUT IS SLOWLY FILTERING TO OTHERS AS WELL.
REGARDS TO ALL

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum