QSO UK
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team

Hello All

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello All

Hi all my name is Terry and I live on the Lincolnshire/Cambridgeshire border, back in the 70's was a C'Ber and wanted to get into Ham Radio, but time, kids, work etc never got round to it.
So now I'm a semi retired (Photographer) and have the time I'm hopeing to pickup were I left off Very Happy I have a Midland CB ordered at the mo' for a mobile, and will be looking for something like a KPO-DX5000 for a home base, I will start my studying later this year to try and pass the exam.

Delta3

Call Sign : 26-CT-486
Other Call Signs : 26-FB-486
Registration date : 2011-03-10
Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Hello All :: Comments

Post on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:04 am by porky.69

hi terry welcome and enjoy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:20 am by Delta3

Thanks porky.69.. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:45 pm by daxi

Welcome to the forum. Which club will you be using for the foundation? I was brought up in the Hunstanton area myself & know, from conversations with amateurs in the Kings Lynn area that it can be hard to get training courses in that area. I think it's Spalding where they are International Short Wave League affiliated & do training & Peterborough club were very to my wife when we had good reason to suspect that someone was pirating her callsign. Ofcom did F all, Peterborough club found out in minutes how her callsign ended up on QRZ by accident. So there are good clubs in the area.
If you have not already get your name down & if possible attend some meeting & meet other members, as it will help greatly if you have contacts when you start to set up your amateur station.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:51 pm by Delta3

daxi wrote:Welcome to the forum. Which club will you be using for the foundation? I was brought up in the Hunstanton area myself & know, from conversations with amateurs in the Kings Lynn area that it can be hard to get training courses in that area. I think it's Spalding where they are International Short Wave League affiliated & do training & Peterborough club were very to my wife when we had good reason to suspect that someone was pirating her callsign. Ofcom did F all, Peterborough club found out in minutes how her callsign ended up on QRZ by accident. So there are good clubs in the area.
If you have not already get your name down & if possible attend some meeting & meet other members, as it will help greatly if you have contacts when you start to set up your amateur station.

Thank you daxi for the info above, I'm nearer Peterborough than Spalding (10-20, Langtoft, Mkt Deeping), in a nut shell it won't be this year as there are to many thing's going on ( Mothering law just passed away, had two heart attacks,) etc, still we will get there in the end, thanks again for your info

73s....Tel, Wink

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:34 am by daxi

Sorry to hear about your mother in law.
Peterborough club certainly went all out to help my wife & thankfully it turned out to be a genuine mistake. I lived in Peterborough for a short while back in about 1980. I was one of the many bricklayers working on contracts like the shopping mall etc there.Good times.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum