QSO UK
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team

Hello from East Dorset

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello from East Dorset

Hello from East Dorset. Licensed since May 1983 but then let it lapsed. Briefly went 70cms in '96 but again let it lapsed. Looking to get back on mainly 10m for now but would like to get back to low power CW.

I know the hobby has changed a huge amount. I used to love building powerful PSUs from old computer power supplies but those days have gone I suppose.

Looking forward to a chat.

73s & 88s

G4 TMF

Registration date : 2011-09-07
Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Hello from East Dorset :: Comments

Post on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:55 am by daxi

Hi & welcome to the forum. The sunspots are certainly picking up again & with it 10 meters. I managed to work a American repeater a few weeks ago on reasonably low power FM. Not QRP, but certainly a very small fraction of the 1.5kw that the repeater used. I think it was about 25 - 35 watts.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:31 am by G4 TMF

Well I must admit the thought of the rise in sunspot activity around this time got me thinking about getting my licence back.

I remember during the S/S cycle around 1993 a friend of mine making contact with an American station whilst he was driving around Bury, north Manchester using a Cobra 148 GTL DX on about 12 watts peak.

Was looking to buy a low priced CB/10m set but are they cheap in quality as well as price?

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:10 am by porky.69

welcome

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum