QSO UK
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team

A BIG Hi to everyone from (not so) Sunny Selsey

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A BIG Hi to everyone from (not so) Sunny Selsey

Hi everyone, I've been interested in radio since as a teenager, I discovered that I could talk to my friends on FM using a simple home-brew transmitter and a PP3 battery, rather than powering the calculator.... and it was much more fun too! Well over the years I've monitored and scanned a lot of stuff; the early un-encripted mobiles were a real blast! I had a CB in my car from the mid-80's to mid-90's when commuting daily from Kent to London daily and was part of the "Two-Seven Breakers" (an early version of TrafficMate on CB), also great fun. I've played around with PMR and am thinking of setting up a FRN gateway for Selsey and have finally decided to go for the foundation license as a 50th birthday treat to myself. (Probably well deserved in my book).

So, you never know... we may chat, we may speak, we may simply do nothing at all but hello anyway Smile

All the best from Selsey, West Sussex

selseybob

Registration date : 2011-09-16
Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

A BIG Hi to everyone from (not so) Sunny Selsey :: Comments

Post on Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:40 pm by daxi

Hi bob. Welcome to the site. After building a SWL ATU with some help, my first go it alone project were also FM VHF band 2 TX's. I took my foundation exam a few years ago & have since gained my full ticket. But I still spend hours listening to the scanner & there is still lots to hear & new stations to log.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:15 pm by porky.69

welcome Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum