QSO UK
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team

Hello again

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello again

Hi all just thought I'd renew my hello to all members on here...I was a SWL for a while and took the plunge last year and took and passed the Foundation Exam with a club in Chesterfield..now I have the call..M6FAX...I'm currently in nTenerife for the foreseeable future so i'm not on the bands much as my licence doesn't allow me to transmit from here..however when I visit the UK I crank up my VHF and HF sets..laters chaps...R+..
M6FAX

Call Sign : M6 FAX
HF Rig : Icom IC740
VHF / UHF Rig : Yaesu 2900 R...Yaesu 290 R
HandHeld : Quansheng
Preferred Bands : 2M Band
Registration date : 2010-05-17
Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Hello again :: Comments

Post on Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:02 am by daxi

Hi Ray. There is (or was last year,) plenty of free radio activity over there on band 2 FM. Congratulations on the foundation.
73, De Daxi.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:17 am by M6FAX

Yes I know but being only a foundation holder I can't transmit..mind you I listen out on my Yaesu 290r..as ya do..

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:12 am by 2W0PWR

Hi Ray,

Welcome back to the forum, it's great to see you have passed your Foundation. It's an amazing feeling to think you can now explore all the different parts of the hobby. The big thing I was wanting to do was use VHF / UHF as I liked the thought of repeaters and the distance they cover whilst mobile.

I bet your enjoying the sun...

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:04 am by M6FAX

Yes thats why I wanted to get my licence..I did do a lot of signalling in HM Forces..mainly with the Larkspur and Clansman range and all the associated gubbings that went with it..I was going to go for my licence then but I was crap at morse...so I never did it..but since I retired early i thought why not..

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum