QSO UK
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team

Hello

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello

Hello, new member here, Rich from Saltash in Cornwall, several rigs, nothing special, play on 10 and 11m bands only at present, always got the rig on when mobile (work and play) callsign 26SWB008 or handle 'Shrapnel'. Give me a shout out if youre down my way. Cheers and 7 3s

diki001

Other Call Signs : Shrapnel
HF Rig : Maycom EM-27 (400) , tti TCB 660 (400)
HF Antenna : Thunderpole orbitor
Preferred Bands : 10 and 11m
Club Callsign : 26SWB008 or 26CT877
Registration date : 2012-08-03
Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Hello :: Comments

Post on Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:19 am by daxi

Hello Rich. Sorry for not replying earlier. I keep thinking about getting a Maycom for 10 meters FM, it's just a pity it does not have a repeater shift fitted, or available as an extra add on.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:01 am by diki001

Hi Daxi,
Thanx for the reply. the maycom does have a repeater shift fitted, its a fantastic little rig, in the process of retro fitting the Alpha Mike components from the President Harrison schematics, cant wait to get that done. would highly recommend them to anyone. Only one bit of advice for you, either get the later green screen one or (like I did) bought an orange screen one and had the seller take the cover off and photograph the PCB so I could check the condition of the battery. the earlier ones had a tendency to leak acid over the PCB (not teaching you to suck eggs m8, I'm sure youve read the reviews, just wanted to make sure you didnt get stung like some have). What rigs you using then?
Cheers, Rich

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:07 am by daxi

Thanks just looked & it does the 10khz steps too & without the need to pull the PLL..So I now have a couple on my ebay watch list.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:13 am by daxi

Radio wise, I have an old Kenwood, not sure what model. A few Yaesu's, FT-817, 857, an old valve FTDX that runs at about 200watts. a couple of 10 meter radios, one being a converted Ham Int & another a 10 meter only Belcom LS-120. A FT-690 6 meter radio, a few PMR's for various VHF bands, various handhelds & other bits..To be honest, I'm not sure I could list most of the radios I have unless they are all in front of me. I also have an ex free radio 180 watt MW TX that currently has a topband crystal installed, just so I can say it's not used for broadcasting now.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:30 am by diki001

Ok, ok, jealous now! want all your rigs! just found out today (after fitting) that the tti cannot go in my landrover, the overal length is too great and it wont fit into the cubby box! Gutted! just opened all the channels up, peaked, tuned and adjusted the audio on it so it was A1, only to find today that I need another rig! not happy! back to the drawing board................. neverending! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:36 am by daxi

The above list does not include the RX's. I can listen/operate from sound wave to light wave & all of my modern HF radios are broadbanded as I have a 5 MHz NOV.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:31 am by daxi

Just brought myself a 10 meter 40 channel Rotel CB, it only cost me 16 (Plus P&P) & has a repeater shifty Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum