QSO UK
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team

welcome overdrive

View previous topic View next topic Go down

welcome overdrive

hello and welcome to the forums richie,good to see another northwesten member on here.
2E0ZMO

Call Sign : 2e0zmo
Other Call Signs : m3zmo
Locator : io83nn
DXCC Entity : england
HF Rig : icom ic706mk1
HF Antenna : g5rv
VHF / UHF Rig : icom ic2800,yaesu ft7800
VHF / UHF Antenna : tri band colinear,duel band on the van
HandHeld : puxing px777
Preferred Bands : 2m,70cm ,20m
Registration date : 2007-10-10
Number of posts : 547

http://www.qrz.com/db/2E0ZMO http://www.freewebs.com/m3zmo

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

welcome overdrive :: Comments

Post on Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:54 pm by 2W0PWR

Welcome to the forum Overdrive.

From Dave

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:11 pm by 26tm777

hi from me mick santa

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:12 pm by Guest

Hi everyone, thanks for the warm welcome! Recently back into C.B. after 20 odd years, doesn't seem to be a lot of activity about!
Muppet band is interesting! Looks like they could do with some "Swear Boxes" on there!!!
Heard you 2 local lads on M.P. last couple of evenings, sounds like you are enjoying 2M.....Well done on your M3's, and welcome to the amateur bands!

P.S......Dave, had to chuckle last night at your comment about your post on "Junksale".....And the flack you got for it! I remember you posting it, and all the tosh you got! There are some right stuffy prats on there, but don't let it worry you!!!

Best regards to all, Richie.

26 TM 100.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:49 pm by 2W0PWR

LOL @ ME... Glad it made you chuckle!!! Wink

Yes I didn't wanna say too much but that is in the past and I have had nothing but good comments on 2m. Yes I am enjoying it and 20m is amazing. The best way to put it is 2m is like "posh CB". Why don't you give it a go? Or why didn't you break-in? If you have a licence. Don't be a stranger mate...

I use CB when I can and possibly be on it a little more once I move to chat to the local lads that I used to speak to. Keep your ears open for Fred Flint Stone Good friend of mine also Overdrive Chris another friend of mine and they are both in Holywell.

My handle is Mountain Man and was Duck Donald so listen for me on the band...

Hope to catch you soon Richie and again Welcome. Hope you enjoy the forum.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:03 pm by Guest

Not a bad description "Posh C.B." ! Although the older calls don't see it that way!!!

I do have a call, but I Don't mix the amateur side with C.B......There are a lot of hams who use 11 metres, and admit it, and there are alot of hams who use it, but won't admit it, and there are a lot more hams who think 11 metres, and all who use it are the lowest form of radio op possible!

There is a lot of snobbery attached to radio, but a good op, is a good op, no matter where he TX's.

It's a shame that so many hams ,who, after getting their ticket, forget their roots, and slag 11 and its operaters off.

It is all about communication, and the enjoyment of the contact, learning about "Skip", fiddling with radios and all the other bits that go to make radio a great hobby!

I will catch up with you some time.....It may be on 11...It may be on 2....But you won't know it's me!!!

Best regards.....Richie.

P.S. Nice site you got here! And 20 is my fav band!

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:52 am by 2W0PWR

I totally understand and agree with you Richie. Well hope to make the contact real soon.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:44 am by simon007

Welcome to the forum overdrive and hope that you have a great time here Very Happy

Simon

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:39 am by Guest

Hello From Corsica ,

Welcome to the forum Overdrive, I'm certain that you will enjoy it.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:03 am by 29ci102tony

Welcome to the forum from Tony29ci102

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:21 am by Guest

Thanks Simon, Roy and Tony. Really appreciate the welcomes! Can be a bit daunting joining a forum, as this type of comms is pretty new to me!

Great to to know there are freindly folk on here tho', and this site has a nice feel to it.

Hope you are all well, and managing to work a few D.X. stations....Cheers for now, Richie.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:37 am by simon007

No troubles Richie, its a pleasure to have you as a member of the team and if there is anything we can help you with then please let us know and am sure we will all do our best to help

Simon

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum