QSO UK
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi all ,just joined after buying a new jackson 2 ,hmmmm now to get it in export mode HELP please.

highlander

DXCC Entity : Scotland
HF Antenna : comet rotatable dipole /Trapped wire dipole
VHF / UHF Antenna : Comet
Preferred Bands : 40/20/15/10
Registration date : 2009-02-12
Number of posts : 72

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

newbie :: Comments

Post on Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:31 am by simon007

Have replied to the message, please send me a PM with your email and will send the mod over to you. REMEMBER you loose the legal channels and the 5 year warranty is ZERO

PLUS, you need a decent watt meter as need adjust the finals for the better power No If you can do that then all is fine. If not then will be 4w and you need an amplifier to make the power more

Welcome, Welcome here! Nice to see you

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:17 am by highlander

Hi Simon.Thanks for welcoming me to the group .Look forward to receiving the info .Hope tp work some of you guys one day .

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:28 am by simon007

Hi Paul, sent the file to you now with the email. Please some simple things to remember when you go about modding the Jacko II

a) You loose the legal channels and just get the naughty ones.

b) The bandplan is funny one. A is Mids, B is Hi where 555 is (channel12) but the rest of the bands are in no particular order and you will need a bandplan to work them out.

c) Power stays at 4w unless you modify it internally, this is a delicate job and not wind it up to high. Its not like the old Michaels and will not head to 40w, just 20-24w at the real maximum or more and you have troubles.

d) IF NOT completely sure, then either take to a rig man or think carefully. I know of many Michaels loosing output trannies when alligned not correctly.

Just words to the wise, and not preaching at all.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:25 am by highlander

Hi Simon
Thanks for all the info and i'll take care if I go in to do it .Looking around the web there's not a lot of info on the jackson 2 .I had a jackson many years ago and it worked well so hopfully this will still be the case .Your username certainly suits you Very Happy .Where I am there's no guys around that work on these things ,always a case of posting away ,oh the joys of living up near the top .
cheers Paul

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:33 am by 2W0PWR

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum, I hope you find it some help and enjoy it as much as me...

73 Dave

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:13 am by 2E0ZMO

welcome to the forums

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:30 pm by simon007

Hi Paul,

Jackson II and I are total different beasts from the board upwards. The new one is in the case of a Uniden 78 Elite XL, so many things are new and smaller. Brand new drivers (outputs) new pyramidical way of the banding as its easier for the processor, the famous Jackson bleep now replaced with something that sounds like a PMR radio style.

Chalk and Cheese between them really, try sometimes www.servicedocs.com as here you will find some documents and the like normally.

But as before, be careful there is very small smd inside and can be easily damaged

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:56 pm by 26tm777

hi from me 2

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:43 pm by highlander

Good morning all and thanks for all the hi's .All noted Simon about 2 different radios .I remember a few years ago asking a mate to remove a diode on a board .When opened up I asked ,where is it only to be told it's all smd components these days lol ,running a bit behind tech these days .
Cheers guys
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum